Re: [LAU] sf2 to h2kit?

From: Gabriel M. Beddingfield <gabrbedd@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Feb 19 2011 - 23:22:02 EET

On Saturday, February 19, 2011 03:10:18 pm allcoms wrote:
> It was all sounding like I could get away with using
> composite for my intended purpose but after looking at
> drumkit.xml I see that instrument id 0 (kick) is note 36
> yet this isn't defined as a parameter so I presume I
> can't assign arbitrary note values to instruments at
> present?

The instrument id is a string... so don't pay much attention
to the number.

The first instrument you add gets mapped to 36.
The next is 37.
The next is 38.
etc...

Instruments are added in document order (the XML file).

Yeah, it's not the greatest system... but that's what we've
inherited. :-)

A good point of reference would be to compare the
GMkit/drumkit.xml to the General Midi spec for drum note
mappings: http://www.midi.org/techspecs/gm1sound.php

> Is it true that h2kits are limited to 32 instruments?

I don't think so. I don't see any limits in the code....
and if there are, I'm sure they're arbitrary, compile-time
software limits that are simple to change.

-gabriel