Re: [LAU] [ot] connecting breakout box and headphones

From: James Morris <jwm.art.net@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue May 24 2011 - 13:56:33 EEST

On 23 May 2011 12:06, James Morris <jwm.art.net@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> On 23 May 2011 11:53, andy baxter <andy@email-addr-hidden-online.co.uk> wrote:
>> On 23/05/11 07:23, sevol wrote:
>>>
>>> There are other variable temperature control designs too, allowing
>>> more exact temperature adjustments, but I've never used these. Also,
>>> look at a good online soldering how-to.
>>
>> There is quite a bit of info about soldering techniques on
>> instructables.com. E.g.:
>>
>> http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-solder/
>

> Thanks for all the tips everyone. I've gone for an 80w Weller

Ooops. Massively too big for the job with a tip the relative size and
shape of an aircraft carrier in comparison to a mini xlr terminal.

So, I see that different soldering irons need different tips, but, is
that just what they like to tell us, or can I use that tip for this?
It's quite a hefty hole for the tip, but I want quite a fine end. The
mini xlr I've practiced on is not the shape it should be any more.
I've got one more, and will have clamps and things set up better for
the next run.

James.