Re: [LAU] Jack vs. Alsa, PianoTeq demo: Alsa wins!

From: Aaron Krister Johnson <aaron@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jun 12 2011 - 20:08:37 EEST

FYI, according to cpufreq-info, I'm only configured for the "performance"
governor.....so I think the issue goes back to the jack version I was using.
For whatever reason, I need to stay away from 0.118 and 0.120 and move to
jack2-svn (which is a moving target, but for now, it's fine). After
installing jack2-svn on Arch this morning, 'jackd -V' says that it's
'jackdmp 1.9.7', so that's what's working for me much better at the moment.

Best,
AKJ

cpufrequtils 008: cpufreq-info (C) Dominik Brodowski 2004-2009
Report errors and bugs to cpufreq@email-addr-hidden, please.
analyzing CPU 0:
  driver: acpi-cpufreq
  CPUs which run at the same hardware frequency: 0
  CPUs which need to have their frequency coordinated by software: 0
  maximum transition latency: 10.0 us.
  hardware limits: 1000 MHz - 1.67 GHz
  available frequency steps: 1.67 GHz, 1.33 GHz, 1000 MHz
  available cpufreq governors: performance
  current policy: frequency should be within 1000 MHz and 1.67 GHz.
                  The governor "performance" may decide which speed to use
                  within this range.
  current CPU frequency is 1.67 GHz.
analyzing CPU 1:
  driver: acpi-cpufreq
  CPUs which run at the same hardware frequency: 1
  CPUs which need to have their frequency coordinated by software: 1

On Sun, Jun 12, 2011 at 7:29 AM, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>wrote:

> On Sun, 2011-06-12 at 03:46 -0700, James Warden wrote:

Aaron Krister Johnson
http://www.akjmusic.com
http://www.untwelve.org