Re: [LAU] Jack vs. Alsa, PianoTeq demo: Alsa wins!

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Sun Jun 12 2011 - 21:27:35 EEST

On Sun, 2011-06-12 at 12:08 -0500, Aaron Krister Johnson wrote:
> FYI, according to cpufreq-info, I'm only configured for the
> "performance" governor.....so I think the issue goes back to the jack
> version I was using. For whatever reason, I need to stay away from
> 0.118 and 0.120 and move to jack2-svn (which is a moving target, but
> for now, it's fine). After installing jack2-svn on Arch this morning,
> 'jackd -V' says that it's 'jackdmp 1.9.7', so that's what's working
> for me much better at the moment.

I suspect a typo since I build Jack2 from svn some time ago
$ jackd -V
jackdmp 1.9.8

And yes, it improved something for me too, compared to older versions of
Jack2. With my current mobo and old sound card Jack1 never worked,
didn't test it with the new sound card. Fortunately several distros
enabled to chose between Jack1 and 2 by packages, so everybody can test
which version fit's better to the hardware, or what ever will cause the
voodoo.