[LAU] Text-based sound visualisation?

From: S. Massy <lists@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jun 21 2011 - 00:47:55 EEST

Hello,

Recently, I discovered jack_meter, a simple jack client which acts as a
level meter and has a very simple "bar" style text output. Using this, I
was able to confirm what my ears were telling me about compression level
in different mixes. This led me to wonder whether there were any sound
visualisation tools using a similar form of output. A quick google
search didn't return anything interesting, but I was wondering if anyone
here knew of such a tool.

Cheers,
S.M.