Re: [LAU] M-audio keyrig 49 not seen by QJackCtrl

From: fred <f.rech@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jun 24 2011 - 08:30:41 EEST

Le 24/06/2011 02:50, Ken Restivo a écrit :
> On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 08:35:07AM +0200, Clemens Ladisch wrote:
>
>> fred wrote:
>>
>>> Since update to Debian 6.0.1, everything from the stable repos, the usb
>>> midi kbd don't work anymore.
>>>

>>> usb 4-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 2
>>> usb 4-1: New USB device found, idVendor=0763, idProduct=019b
>>> usb 4-1: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
>>> usb 4-1: Product: KeyRig 49
>>> usb 4-1: Manufacturer: M-Audio
>>> usb 4-1: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
>>> snd-usb-audio: probe of 4-1:1.0 failed with error -5
>>> snd-usb-audio: probe of 4-1:1.1 failed with error -5
>>>
>> This is a driver bug. Which kernel versions do the old and the new
>> Debian have? Try a newer kernel, if possible.
>>

> I have seen this behavior! Bad Squeeze, bad!
>
> Not with MIDI, but with a cellphone/USB. When I upgraded my daughter's ThinkPad fom Lemmy to Squeeze, she couldn't connect to her cellphone anymore.
>
> The solution was, IIRC, to turn off whatever autodetect crap they added, it was something that chose configurations from the many USB configurations available for devices that have several possible(i.e. a cellphone that could be MSC, or storage, or CDC modem, or TTY, or whatever). I literally renamed the binary to /usr/sbin/PISSOFF or some such thing, and everything started working again. Sorry I don't remember what the offending (and offensive!) binary was though.
>
> -ken

Thanks for the feedback Ken !

May I ask you to have a look in this repertory and give the size of the
"PISSOFF or whatever name a deb maintainer never gives to file" ?
All I have names usbsomething is _modeswitch and muxd, the last one
usbmuxd seems to be concerned about phones w/STFW. Does it remind you ?