Re: [LAU] M-audio keyrig 49 not seen by QJackCtrl

From: Ken Restivo <ken@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jun 24 2011 - 03:50:40 EEST

On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 08:35:07AM +0200, Clemens Ladisch wrote:
> fred wrote:
> > Since update to Debian 6.0.1, everything from the stable repos, the usb
> > midi kbd don't work anymore.
>
> > usb 4-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 2
> > usb 4-1: New USB device found, idVendor=0763, idProduct=019b
> > usb 4-1: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
> > usb 4-1: Product: KeyRig 49
> > usb 4-1: Manufacturer: M-Audio
> > usb 4-1: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
> > snd-usb-audio: probe of 4-1:1.0 failed with error -5
> > snd-usb-audio: probe of 4-1:1.1 failed with error -5
>
> This is a driver bug. Which kernel versions do the old and the new
> Debian have? Try a newer kernel, if possible.

I have seen this behavior! Bad Squeeze, bad!

Not with MIDI, but with a cellphone/USB. When I upgraded my daughter's ThinkPad fom Lemmy to Squeeze, she couldn't connect to her cellphone anymore.

The solution was, IIRC, to turn off whatever autodetect crap they added, it was something that chose configurations from the many USB configurations available for devices that have several possible(i.e. a cellphone that could be MSC, or storage, or CDC modem, or TTY, or whatever). I literally renamed the binary to /usr/sbin/PISSOFF or some such thing, and everything started working again. Sorry I don't remember what the offending (and offensive!) binary was though.

-ken