Re: [LAU] An appeal to famous artists?

From: <jeremy@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Aug 02 2011 - 23:18:42 EEST

> 2011/8/2 rosea grammostola <rosea.grammostola@email-addr-hidden>:
>>
>> Become famous yourself! :)
>>

> I wonder: Get a CC licensed song into the (hit) charts or at least
> official radio stations - is that possible ??

Yes it is. Over here we have labels like Beep Beep Back Up The Truck
(http://www.beepbeep.nl/), one of their bands, The Black Atlantic, is doing very
well. They get airtime on national radio and have even appeared several times on
a show called 'De Wereld Draait Door' (The world turns around and goes berserk)
which has normally about 1 million viewers (which is a lot for a Dutch talk
show). Well, what does this have to do with CC? Check their FAQ:
http://www.beepbeep.nl/contact-faq/ Their whole catalogue is CC licensed.

> Listening to the (german) radio I get the feeling, every Cent I'm
> paying for the radio license
> is wandering to "Bruno Mars" and "Lady Gagga" !?
>
> There is some great music, I don't even know, because
> it's never played nor introduced in the radio.
>
> How do you find, discover good new (and old) music ?

Internet radio, going to a good recordstore every now and then, review sites,
blogs and doing some research yourself. With the latter I mean things like
checking which label a band is on, if there are more nice bands on that label,
if the band has any side projects or members active in other bands etc. Even
checking out what happened in a certain city around a certain time can yield
very satisfactory results. And genres can be helpful too. Even certain studios
or producers are worth keeping an eye on.

> --
> E.R.

Best,

Jeremy