Re: [LAU] Looking for Audio Watermarking Advice & Tools

From: Kevin Cosgrove <kevinc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Oct 24 2011 - 07:43:44 EEST

On 23 October 2011 at 12:15, david <gnome@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> I used to use watermarking on some of my photos. There's really no way
> to watermark a photo in a way that can't be essentially negated via
> graphic manipulations.
>
> I think that if the software needed to verify the watermark is open
> source, anyone will know how to identify the elements of the file that
> comprise the watermark. Then they'll also know how to remove them.

Maybe I'll just have to hope most people are honest, and ignore
the rest. Of course, that honest people thing didn't work out so
well for a while with music downloading via Napster. I wonder
if the iTunes & Amazon small fee for download is working any
better for the music writers, most of whom seem to tour for their
livelihood now.

Anyway, I can still see a useful side to a watermarking program.

TTFN....

--
Kevin