Re: [LAU] qjackctl and ubuntu 11.10 unity

From: hermann <brummer-@web.de>
Date: Wed Dec 28 2011 - 11:51:16 EET

Am Dienstag, den 27.12.2011, 23:43 +0100 schrieb Ralf Madorf:
> On Tue, 2011-12-27 at 13:50 +0100, hermann wrote:
> > Am Dienstag, den 27.12.2011, 13:26 +0100 schrieb Ralf Madorf:
> > > Keep in mind that the first "law"
> >
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Go1W_jhZTA0&feature=related
>
> :D
>
> Good argument ;). I'm able to make rhetorical excuses, but I guess it's
> better to respect that you've won ;).

A picture (film) sometimes said more then words. :-)

What I didn't like in your previous post is the totalitär attitude you
use do describe what professional audio have to be.
Please, be aware that others could have other way's to get stuff done.
What today seems to be the best way, didn't must be tomorrow true.
The modular work-flow under linux is (and now because jack is MULTI OS
COMPATIBLE, was) unique under the OS's, and have some big advance over
the AIO flow witch is the way to do stuff like you said.

A session management brings more usably to this, and is a long wonted
feature for many linux (pro or not) audio user. You need to think in a
virtual studio use. I remember well the times were I sit down and wrote
scripts to create a studio environment witch I could easy reuse, and I
also remember well, that they never suit my needs.

And now, were Nedko have added support for jack-session into LADISH, the
confusion witch could come from different managers, go less. It's a
choice, and you could choose also to don’t use them, but it isn't
"Exotic, abstruse or grotesque". And the same is true for DE's.

To see that, you need to free up your mind from oldish ways. :-)) For
me, videos like the one above, helps a lot on that. :-))

regards
hermann