Re: [LAU] bitwig announcement

From: Alexandre Prokoudine <alexandre.prokoudine@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jan 15 2012 - 15:05:50 EET

On Sun, Jan 15, 2012 at 4:11 PM, Jeremy Jongepier wrote:

> And about the scary part, news like this brings up questions for me. What
> kind of users will it attract? How many users will switch and drop software
> like Ardour and Qtractor?

I know I'm not going to make any friends with such a statement, but
what is the problem with dropping "software like Ardour and Qtractor"?

If you are musician in the first place, then it's a matter of what
works best for you. If you are geek in the first place, then there's
no way you will abandon free software, so what's the problem? :)

We are talking about competition which is a natural thing. Rosegarden
can lose users to MusE or Qtractor. Qtractor can lose users to Ardour.
It happens all the time. Can you see any of the developers crying,
because they are all alone? :)

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org