Re: [LAU] Ubuntu Studio

From: Simon Wise <simonzwise@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Mar 19 2012 - 04:09:14 EET

On 19/03/12 05:16, Rick Green wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Mar 2012, Julien Claassen wrote:

> The daily build is built for AMD_64 only, the final release, as well as the
> Beta1 (March 1st) will be available for several other architectures as well.
> I just booted yesterday's daily build on my laptop. jack started up readily, as
> well as Ardour. The Ardour release is 2.8.2, with a copyright date of 2009.
> Current release is 2.8.12 (sept 2011), so it looks like the debian & ubuntu
> packagers haven't kept up...

Debian is up to date ...

ardour 1:2.8.12-1 testing ftp.iinet.net.au
ardour 1:2.8.12-1 sid ftp.iinet.net.au

even stable (squeeze, which has been out for a long time) is:

ardour 1:2.8.11-3 stable ftp.iinet.net.au

so I don't know where Ubuntu Studio gets theirs from, but it is much older than
the versions in Debian ... I would expect a new Debian based distro to be based
off sid and testing (i.e. wheezy).

Simon