Re: [LAU] OT: Behringer PSU UB-SPSU2 for an Eurorack UB2442FX-PRO

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Thu May 10 2012 - 00:59:03 EEST

Thank you Arnold.

I agree that any technology comes with assets and drawbacks.
In the past we said that only discrete circuits with selected
semiconductors will produce good sound quality. Idiotic, since we
already used e.g. Curtis CEM and especially today we can buy some
elCheapo gear that comes very close to old high quality discrete
circuits, such as a mixing console for less than 300,-€.
I don't have tube equipment, but I like it. OTOH there's much elCheapo
tube equipment that does sound disgusting. We have a lot of fuss about
nothing.

Regards,
Ralf