Re: [LAU] Experiment One - For Sonatina Symphonic Orchestra. Music and a short review of the sample library

From: rosea.grammostola <rosea.grammostola@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Aug 17 2012 - 16:39:04 EEST

On 08/17/2012 01:57 PM, Nils wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Aug 2012 13:05:50 +0200 (CEST)
> Federico Simonetta<ffgsimonetta@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> I'm new in this mailing list.
>>
>> I had your same idea in past days and I wrote a script in python to automatically create sfz files from London Philarmonia sample.
>
> Btw.
> These samples are already in the Sonatina Symphonic Orchestra.
>
> see here, under "sources" http://sso.mattiaswestlund.net/

Wouldn't be a sample format conversion tool for Linux not be useful?

A script you can use to convert Kontakt format to SFZ for example?

If there is a script with the best algorithms you might be able to use
and adjust it to different sample libraries. Not a solution for a
opensource sample library primarily, but a solution to use good quality
sample libraries on Linux.

Regards,
\r