Re: [LAU] [LAD] Kontakt sampler format (and others like EXS24)

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Sat Sep 01 2012 - 07:21:43 EEST

On Sat, 2012-09-01 at 14:02 +1000, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
> Go to an AV trade show, look at the software and hardware solutions
> that are being presented and tell me if there is anything that you
> cannot find a solution for in the Linux toolset.

The professional:
"And now I need to use my Antares Auto-Tune or a Linux equivalent that
allows a similar workflow, to finish my Katey Perry production. I'll
call Patrick to explain me, how I can use it with Ardour on the Linux
machine he present me." ;)

The amateur:
"What distro should I use, what version? What printer should I buy? Why
can't I use my RME card, completely with a GUI, but need to use ALSA
mixer? Why do I have to act on my own responsibility? If I ask the
community how to get the perfect loudness-war mix, why do they call me a
troll and send links to Bob Katz?"

We Linux audio users are a minority.