Re: [LAU] [off-list] Buying a new soundcard.

From: Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Sep 11 2012 - 13:19:27 EEST

Hello Arve!
   For what it's worth: As far as I know, having a pci bridge listed, means,
that it's part of the motherboard. Not sure, if pcie ports are part of that or
if it is just a a few chips, which are there, because it's cheaper to have
them, than to produce something entirely new. If you really don't see any pci
ports as such, I wouldn't go for a pci card.
   Take this with a big pinch of salt, until anyone can confirm or utterly deny
it. :-)
   Warmly yours
         Julien