Re: [LAU] [LAD] Linux Audio 2012: Is Linux Audio moving forward?

From: Oon-Ee Ng <ngoonee.talk@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Oct 11 2012 - 08:25:55 EEST

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 11:14 AM, Patrick Shirkey
<pshirkey@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> Given the very real increase in adoption of Linux across the globe and the
> inevitability of Linux and x86 on the mobile form factor it makes more
> sense for audio companies to be early adopters. We know for a fact that
> the early adopters in the mobile world are going to have a better chance
> of earning the dollars than the ones who are late to the party.

I'm a lurker and not qualified to comment at the level of others in
this thread, but this statement just gives me pause (at my level of
ignorance).

Random list of early adopters of various sorts in the related
smartphone/tablet category:-
1. Palm (where've they gone?)
2. HP + Microsoft (oops)
3. Blackberry (still alive, though)

Early adoption has its benefits. And its risks. Not really a
set-in-stone fact, AFAICT.