Re: [LAU] [LAD] Linux Audio 2012: Is Linux Audio moving forward?

From: Louigi Verona <louigi.verona@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Oct 11 2012 - 10:27:56 EEST

When I started with music, I was using trackers. The tracking scene was
non-commercial and any attempt to commercialize anything was met with
contempt. Whether this is a good thing or bad is a different story.

Anyway, if I wanted to explain to people how good trackers were, I could
show them literally dozens and dozens of unimaginably good music. And
people would admire trackers and many would get hooked up, in spite of
the interface which looks more like a spreadsheet.
And the tracking scene was huge.

So I would like to underline what Alexandre says. When we speak of Linux
Audio, I must admit that I do not have much material to show off.

At the same time a relatively simple, but well produced tune I made with
LMMS
is one of my most watched YouTube videos. Does it interest people in LMMS?
You bet.

So, it comes down to very simple things - do cool music and inspire people
to try
the same.
Is there a reason there is not that much music to show off? Is this a
technical
reason? Something else?