Re: [LAU] What professional PCIe audio cards do work with Linux?

From: christian bunge <mail@email-addr-hidden-bunge.de>
Date: Sun Nov 11 2012 - 14:42:58 EET

Hi,

I work with sta DSP2000 C-Port from Hoontech.

10 x 10 24-bit/96kHz 100% Full-Duplex recording path support
2 x balanced (XLR) inputs with built in pre-amps (-24dB to +50dB) &
switchable phantom power (48V)
2 x balanced (XLR) outputs
8 x 1/4" unbalanced inputs
8 x 1/4" unbalanced outputs
coaxial and optical & AES/EBU I/O connections as standard
stereo headphone output with volume control (1/4" connector)
2 x 16 channel (32 channels) MIDI interface ports provided (2 outputs, 1
input)...

The PCI Card has become very cheap, because there are now new driver for
the new windows versions.
The MIDI interface ports is not working with the alsa driver.
RME should be better, but I thing the DSP2000 is still good enough for
professional work.

chris

www.christian-bunge.de