Re: [LAU] What professional PCIe audio cards do work with Linux?

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Sun Nov 11 2012 - 15:20:26 EET

On Sun, 11 Nov 2012 13:42:58 +0100
christian bunge <mail@email-addr-hidden-bunge.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I work with sta DSP2000 C-Port from Hoontech.
>
> 10 x 10 24-bit/96kHz 100% Full-Duplex recording path support
> 2 x balanced (XLR) inputs with built in pre-amps (-24dB to +50dB) &
> switchable phantom power (48V)
> 2 x balanced (XLR) outputs
> 8 x 1/4" unbalanced inputs
> 8 x 1/4" unbalanced outputs
> coaxial and optical & AES/EBU I/O connections as standard
> stereo headphone output with volume control (1/4" connector)
> 2 x 16 channel (32 channels) MIDI interface ports provided (2
> outputs, 1 input)...
>
> The PCI Card has become very cheap, because there are now new driver
                                                        ^^ ;)
> for the new windows versions.
> The MIDI interface ports is not working with the alsa driver.
> RME should be better, but I thing the DSP2000 is still good enough for
> professional work.

Thank you Chris,

but I can't find a PCIe version of this card. For my current setup PCI
might be the better solution, but I'll be ready for the near future. If
"now" should be a typo, I guess there are "no new" drivers, because PCIe
will replace PCI.

Regards,
Ralf

PS: Yes, the quality of the RME card is superb. For headphones I'm only
using the RME's output at the moment, I guess it's the best headphone
output I've got in my home studio and the hdspmixer is very convenient.
If the "matrix" could be edited, IOW if all or at least more IOs could
be assigned to jack capture/playback ports, I wouldn't replace this
card. OTOH with my mobo latency has to be very high to avoid xruns.