[LAU] Synths for live use

From: James Stone <jamesmstone@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Nov 13 2012 - 10:07:40 EET

Does anyone have any suggestions? Ideally should be lightweight (capable of
running on an old eeepc 701), lots of control possibilities (interact with
controls via midi knobs), rock solid stable, possible to recall state from
command line.

Not all of these are essential but I would like it to start up and interact
with my kb without too much typing on-stage!

I do have a real soft spot for whysynth but the midi learn and recall of
state seem tricky/impossible with ghostess?

I would also like suggestions for organs (Beatrix?), electric pianos,
romplers.. I am seriouslh considering a solid state keyboard or sound
module, but it seems it should be possible with linux...

Suggestions for reasonably priced hardware (2nd hand?) Options would also
be interesting...