Re: [LAU] Synths for live use

From: Hartmut Noack <zettberlin@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Nov 13 2012 - 18:27:02 EET

Am 13.11.2012 09:07, schrieb James Stone:
> Does anyone have any suggestions? Ideally should be lightweight (capable of
> running on an old eeepc 701), lots of control possibilities (interact with
> controls via midi knobs), rock solid stable,

AMS.

Alsa Modular Synth never failed me(once a patch was tested to be working
OK, it did so always) You can route controls at will to its parameters
and it does run headless:

ams -n -l law/patches/ams/syntrompoethe.ams

runs ams in a terminal loading a patch called syntrompete.ams

If you need polyphony add the -p flag:

ams -n -p4 -l law/patches/ams/syntrompoethe.ams

The only "bug" so far known to me is, that CTRL+C does not exit, I use
to close the terminal and open a new one to exit and load a new instance.