Re: [LAU] Spandril - music made with Supercollider

From: S. Massy <lists@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Nov 13 2012 - 18:40:35 EET

On Sun, Nov 11, 2012 at 10:31:52PM +0000, mark hadman wrote:
> http://soundcloud.com/spandril
> Ambient / industrial drones, mostly made using supercollider.
>
> It's been the best part of a year since I first posted about this, in
> which time I've released at least 10 new tracks, started incorporating
> some acoustic and analogue electronic elements and done a few live
> performances.
Thanks to Sed who pointed out the alternate repository, I was able to
listen to a few of those pieces. I didn't click with many of the pieces,
but, then again, that's not really the kind of music I listen to on a
regular basis. However... I rather enjoyed spandril-16, which I thought
incorporated many interesting elements and textures. But I'm just
speechless about spandril-22: was that made in honour of Halloween? If
so, it's definitely a success; this piece could serve as soundtrack for
any horror short! I especially liked the way you played with dynamics
and saturation. Here, in my monitors, even with the sound turned way
down, the effect is downright creepy and *very* intense! It's not
exactly easy listening, so I don't know whether I would listen to it on
a regular basis, but I'll definitely keep it around as an example of
some seriously powerful electronic music. Well done!

Cheers,
S.M.