Re: [LAU] Synths for live use

From: Dan MacDonald <allcoms@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Nov 19 2012 - 09:36:05 EET

I would recommend you try running Aspect (non-free but best GUI synth
plugin for Linux) or Noisemaker (best FOSS GUI synth plugin) under Carla,
my fave unfinished plugin host. You can automate and control most
everything under these synths and at least Aspect lets you configure a list
of configs or presets that you can switch through via MIDI but both synths
sound fantastic. You can easily run at least one or two instances of
Noisemaker without xruns on a Atom netbook and so that means you get a good
few (4 or 5x) as many instances of Aspect running as well instead because
Aspect is that much more efficient than its best open source alternative
Noisemaker.