[LAU] [OT] apologies for cross-posting

From: Charles Henry <czhenry@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jan 11 2013 - 18:50:35 EET

I really wish everyone would stop saying they "apologize for cross posting"
to multiple lists. It's dumb.

It's a common practice. So why would you want to apologize for it? What
fraction of list readers are actually bothered by cross posting?
What other activities do you apologize for, as you're doing it? "Uhhh... I
know I'm not supposed to do this, but I'm going to--I'm sorry--do it
anyway." If it's bad ettiquette, you wouldn't be doing it in the first
place, right?
People know the difference between relevant announcements and spamming. If
I need to know if a message has been cross-posted, I check the recipients.

This is just my opinion: all I can do is try to convince you not to keep
spreading the word virus.

Chuck

Note: this message was not cross-posted, even though I considered it :)