Re: [LAU] So what do you think sucks about Linux audio ?

From: Folderol <folderol@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Feb 06 2013 - 20:42:24 EET

On Wed, 06 Feb 2013 19:27:41 +0100
hermann meyer <brummer-@web.de> wrote:

> I must say that I have hopped for some time to get a bit user feedback,
> I was open all the years for input from the "Community", but I've given
> up on this.
> I'm happy if from time to time other open source friends come along and
> use our classes for there own projects, and talk a bit about. From time
> to time developers join us and work a bit with us.
> But from my experience, users still only grep what they can get and go
> along. That the way it is, and I wouldn't change that anymore. So I do
> it the way I like and share the results if I feel good.

This is unfortunately the way of the world. There is a piece of my music on the
Internet Archive. It is listed as having over 8000 downloads, but there is not
a single comment :(

On the extremely rare occasions when I do get an email for any work on my own
website I am very grateful. My small contribution is to be sure *I* always thank
people for anything I use of theirs.

However, on the brighter side I do find that we are treated much better on these
lists. I guess we're all in the same boat!

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk