Re: [LAU] LAC 2013, why not more students?

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Wed Feb 13 2013 - 12:50:54 EET

On Wed, 2013-02-13 at 01:35 -0500, Thomas Vecchione wrote:
> We have about 200-300 people attend out of our area out of the
> hundreds of thousands that attend it worldwide, and for those people
> that attend at our campus, they may well tell you the same thing about
> the experience at our campus, even though they weren't at the
> 'broadcast' location.

Such meeting place in different nations and in each nation at different
locations, such as universities and cultural centres is a nice idea for
the future. I suspect chances to use a cultural centre or an assembly
hall of an alternative commune in my hometown or neighbor towns for free
are fifty fifty. But I don't know the state of such facilities, I don't
stay in touch, last time I worked at a cultural centre (Oberhausen,
Altenberg) is 2 or 3 years ago. Contact to former squatters, now
alternative commune (e.g. Oberhausen, Ripshorster Str.) are completely
dropped. However, we have tons of such locations in the Ruhrgebiet. Free
perhaps means some kind of deal, but I think it's not impossible in the
Ruhrgebiet, Germany.