Re: [LAU] So what do you think sucks about Linux audio ?

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Thu Feb 14 2013 - 10:54:31 EET

On Wed, 2013-02-13 at 23:09 -0500, Al Thompson wrote:
> They probably buy from the pirates for the reasons I stated, plus the
> fact that the pirates sell their pirated DVDs for $5. Everyone claims
> to love a particular band and their music, but nobody considers that by
> buying the pirated DVD or CD, they are denying their "favorite artist"
> whatever income they should have gotten from the sale of that CD/DVD.

Because making music isn't hard work :D. The music industry sells this
image!

Musicians are people who only have sex and take hard drugs 24/7. Some,
especially black musicians are the biggest criminal organization bosses.
That it's usually the other way around, that musicians work hard while
other people have parties, musicians are more likely philosophers than
criminal organization bosses, is something that nobody will belief.

If it's that easy I wonder why people who are tired of their averaged
jobs, won't simply become musicians. No wait, I guess it's because
musicians were born with super hero powers, super gifts.

All musicians look beautiful and healthy, while taking hard drugs 24/7,
they only need to avoid to get in contact with kryptonite.

This piracy only effects some mainstream music.

Yes, the other, the non-mainstream musicians have to suffer, but not
regarding to piracy, but regarding to the less good times for concerts
etc.. The "prime time" for concerts at interesting locations is for Till
Brönner, David Garrett and other mainstream crap. And by the way,
musicians such as those two are talented musicians, no doubts about
that, but I've got doubts, that what they sell is music ;).

So are you talking about the situation for the music industry or for the
musicians from the neighborhood? And is there something else interesting
regarding to copyright laws, than money? Is there any other topic
instead of money?