Re: [LAU] Questions about LV2

From: Jeremy Jongepier <jeremy@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue May 14 2013 - 12:42:35 EEST

On 05/14/2013 11:34 AM, Julien Claassen wrote:
> Hello everyone!
> I've got one or two questions about LV2 plugins in general.
> I've been experimenting with a couple of sound generating plugins,
> using mod-host, i.e. not using the plugins' own UIs. Now I noticed, that
> a couple of plugins did not show all their necessary controls in LV2 ports.
> Examples are the ZynAddSubFX LV2 plugin
> http://home.gna.org/zyn/zynadd/1
> or the simple sampler by Rui:
> http://samplv1.sourceforge.net/lv2
> In Zyn there were no LV2-control to control the engine.

Hello Julien,

The Zyn LV2 port is fairly old, maybe it just doesn't work properly
anymore with the current LV2 standard.

  the sampler
> offered a fair deal of controls, but didn't allow me to sample or load a
> sample.

Afaik samplv1 doesn't allow you to load a sample when not using its own
GUI. And it doesn't have a record feature either.

Regards,

Jeremy

  I could connect an instrument to the input ports and apply the