Re: [LAU] RME Multiface and an extra 8 output channels

From: Joe Hartley <jh@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue May 14 2013 - 15:31:14 EEST

On Tue, 14 May 2013 07:23:18 -0300
Iain Mott <mott@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> It's a possibility. I am curious to know what 16-out or higher systems
> work on Linux?

I have 16 balanced outs by running two M-Audio Delta 1010s synced together.
It's been very stable for me at 48k, never tried higher sample rates.

Not exactly the cheapest solution, but to tie this together with another
thread, the external breakout box on the 1010 is prone to having its
capacitors fail. I got my second 1010 for free when a list member offered
to give me one that had failed if I documented the repair. You may be able
to get a couple that need repairing cheaply.

I have the repair documentation as well as my experiences on syncing the
two up with the S/PDIF ports at http://delta.brainiac.com