Re: [LAU] Linux Audio podcast. episode002

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Thu Aug 15 2013 - 03:17:07 EEST

Reporting bugs isn't easy and isn't less work, it's time consuming.

I agree that there is the need to report bugs, but nobody has the time
to report each bug again and again, while fixing the Linux install again
and again. So it makes sense to report bugs for the software that is
most important for oneself, to coders who are interested in bug reports,
some coders are simply not interested and get angry when somebody
mentions a bug.

If you've got different construction zones you need to choose what you
will do first and perhaps you then forget to report a bug.

Neither the coders, nor the users are forced to do their "work", we are
doing it because we want to do it.

IMO Louigi should report bugs to coders who program the most important
software he's using, if they can stand each other.

Regards,
Ralf

--
Anybody using 3.10.6-rt3? Perhaps caused by the new kernel a security
process or similar seems to be locked on my machine. After installing