[LAU] New laptop - advice needed

From: Atte André Jensen <atte@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Aug 19 2013 - 09:28:54 EEST

Hi

I'm replacing my lenovo X61s (dualcore 1.6Ghz) laptop, mostly due to a
hard drive that's starting to fail and need some advice.

I'm having problems finding something that has the right balance between
specs and price *and* has firewire. This means I might have to replace
my Edirol FA-66 with an USB based sound card. Will I be able to get low
latancy (<10ms) and reliable performance from an USB sound card? Any
suggestions for a sound card (minimum 4in (2 of these should be phantom
power) + 4out) what will provide zero-latency monitoring and work
out-of-the-box with linux?

Right now I'm leaning towards a Lenovo IdeaPad U310 core i7, with 500GB
HD + 24GB SSD, the idea would be to install the system on the SSD and
have the data sit on the slower HD:
http://laptops.dk/product_info.php?cPath=203&products_id=4875
Any reasons this would be a bad/good choice?

--
Atte
http://atte.dk   http://modlys.dk