Re: [LAU] Sound card for recording guitar

From: Egor Sanin <egor.sanin@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Dec 20 2013 - 19:17:50 EET

On 12/20/13, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net> wrote:
> Thank you too. Jeremy already posted a link to a thread where _you_
> explained it :) (less detailed than now). Résumé: As Fons pointed out,
> the sound quality isn't affected by the -n size. I assume even sync
> between audio and MIDI, between several devices isn't affected by the -n
> size, but just some prosumer USB devices could cause less good sync
> between audio and MIDI, irrelevant for this thread.
>
> Regards,
> Ralf

Ralf, I understand that your intention is to provide the OP with clear
and unbiased information, but, unfortunately, this often gets lost in
your replies.
For example, the first time that MIDI is mentioned AT ALL in this
thread is in your "Résumé" (summary would be a more appropriate term
here). This thread had nothing to do with MIDI. Yes, USB soundcard
sync could be related to MIDI, but none of the devices discussed here
have MIDI capabilities, so this is irrelevant.

Sorry, but "Résumés" like the one above only obfuscate real
information. And I'm NOT saying it's wrong or inaccurate information,
just that it's unclear and unnecessary.