[LAU] A2J-MIDI Bridge error

From: Kevin Utter <kvutter@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Dec 20 2013 - 19:37:06 EET

Hi all! I'm still having XRUN difficulties when recording using MIDI input to a softsynth. Along with the "*** Alsa XRUN" error message, I also consistently get this message from a2j-midid:

ERROR: a2j_process_incoming: threw away MIDI event - not reserved at time 13248047

Can anyone explain what this error means? I was advised that A2J-MIDI-Bridge might be better than using Jack's seq mode, and it seems to work fine as long as I'm not recording audio at the same time. I may be incorrectly suspecting A2J, but thought it might be worth asking about.

Thanks much.

Kevin