Re: [LAU] A2J-MIDI Bridge error

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Fri Dec 20 2013 - 20:01:14 EET

On Fri, 2013-12-20 at 10:37 -0700, Kevin Utter wrote:
> I was advised that A2J-MIDI-Bridge might be better than using Jack's
> seq mode, and it seems to work fine as long as I'm not recording audio
> at the same time.

The resources needed for audio/MIDI work are much higher and came with
other additional issues than for audio only. MIDI is treat as an orphan.
You often will read about low latencies by using a vanilla kernel for
audio productions and recommendations that don't include MIDI.

To cut a long story short, use a kernel-rt and increase the latency and
test if it does work without issues with much higher latency, then the
latency you're using now.

Feel lucky, since you're using soft synth and not external gear, so it's
likely that you only need to increase the latency, this won't cause any
side effects for your usage.

Regards,
Ralf

--