Re: [LAU] notation software

From: Philipp Überbacher <murks@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jan 02 2014 - 04:35:20 EET

On Wed, 01 Jan 2014 10:20:19 -0500
David Santamauro <david.santamauro@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 01/01/2014 08:10 AM, Philipp Überbacher wrote:
> >
> > You could also give laborejo a shot. It's rather new and written by
> > Nils, who used to work on denemo. I think it should be able to do
> > pretty much everything you want.
> >
> > http://www.laborejo.org/
>
> Have you used it? Appears it needs some magical python modules
>
> warnings.warn("libpysmf not found. Midi export broken.
> warn("PyLiblo for Python3 not found. Session support not possible.
> warnings.warn("calfbox not found. [...] Playback broken.
>
> ... but reading the feature list, yes, it seems it has all the
> features I'm looking for.

I have never used it, but I just installed it on my system. Those are
warnings, those packages are not strictly necessary, but you'll likely
want them. Installing those things is enough, I just tried it with
python 3 versions of everything. It's easy enough on Arch, no idea
about Debian.

Regards,
Philipp