Re: [LAU] Bitwig: what we can learn from it

From: Will Godfrey <willgodfrey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Mar 31 2014 - 21:49:45 EEST

On Mon, 31 Mar 2014 18:23:02 +0400
Alexandre Prokoudine <alexandre.prokoudine@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Make a simple test. Try doing the most basic thing in existing DAWs on
> Linux, including Bitwig -- getting sound out of a MIDI track -- and
> count steps, then multiply it by 20 tracks to get a better idea of
> boring work you need to do every time (Hint: A3 will win, because I
> specifically bugged Paul about it).
>
> Alexandre

Sorry. I don't recognise this scenario.

I turn on the 'big switch' and computer, auxiliaries and amp power up in
sequence.
For a new composition I click on my yoshimi icon followed by the rosegarden one.
I select an instrument for yoshimi and play a few times then hit record on
rosegarden.
Switch both to track 2 and repeat. Repeat for 'n'.
Save both the yoshimi parameter set and the rosegarden file.

To work on an existing track I simply click on the yoshimi and rosegarden files
to pull up the programs with the files loaded and ready to go.

How is that taxing? Actually this *very* little routine is exactly right to
get me in the 'zone'.

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk