Re: [LAU] Bitwig: what we can learn from it

From: Jörn Nettingsmeier <nettings@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Mar 31 2014 - 20:37:13 EEST

On 03/31/2014 06:13 PM, Egor Sanin wrote:
> On 3/31/14, Philipp Überbacher <murks@tuxfamily.org> wrote:
>>> "Someone who makes pleasant sounds in an organized fashion, using
>>> basically anything."
>>
>> Now that's interesting. Why exactly does it need to be pleasant sound,
>> and what do you mean by that? Pleasant to whom?
>>
>> I think my definition would be even more general: "Someone who makes
>> sound on purpose."
>> Maybe an even more extreme definition is needed: "Someone who makes
>> sound."
>
> On those dreary, sluggish mornings when life forcefully drags you out
> from under that impossibly comfortable blanket, the sound of coffee
> beens being ground to that perfect consistency, followed by the sound
> of water, permeated by live-giving oils and solids, pouring into a cup
> is music to my ears. I will say: "Barrista, you are a musician!"

a slightly more mundane process (percolator), but nonetheless a modern
classic:

http://stackingdwarves.net/download/kai_vehmanen-making_coffee.mp3

hat tip to kai vehmanen, creator of ecasound. we used this as a stream
outage clip for a LAC many years back, people were almost disappointed
when the stream would come back :)

kai, if you read this: how could you allow this tune to fall off the net?

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
Lortzingstr. 11, 45128 Essen, Tel. +49 177 7937487