Re: [LAU] Bitwig: what we can learn from it

From: david <gnome@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Apr 04 2014 - 11:15:29 EEST

On 04/03/2014 09:58 PM, Chris Bannister wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 02, 2014 at 07:26:25PM -1000, david wrote:
>> Who knows, maybe 300-400 years from know, today's rock operas will be high
>> opera! Complete with the fat lady singing and scholarly musicologists
>> writing dissertations on the use of pinball machines as musical
>> instruments...
>
> Ummm, it has already been done! Tommy. :)
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Who's_Tommy
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfZQLXs72Lo

Thanks, only that's a musical, not an opera. ;-)

Of course, at the rate that English has been changing over the last
800-1000 years, by then our idea of English will probably be
incomprehensible to whoever's alive then ...

My guitar instructor in high school was lead guitarist in one of the
local bands of the time. He wrote a rock opera and performed it with his
band to get his Masters degree in Communications.

--
David W. Jones
gnome@email-addr-hidden