Re: [LAU] Filter arrangement - was- Bitwig: what we can learn from it

From: Len Ovens <len@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Apr 01 2014 - 02:11:29 EEST

On Mon, 31 Mar 2014, Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:

> analog parallel filters can have some benefits wrt signal-to-noise ratio, but
> you need to get the phase alignment right. for digital, it's mostly an
> unnecessary complicaton,

The s/n angle makes sense. I have a box with 8 parametric eqs in it, a
signal gets pretty noisy when going one into another. (cheap box... noise
noticable even on the first filter) I have used it on grungy sounds like
guitar that already had some noise... but never since I have had digital
stuff to play with.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net