Re: [LAU] Bitwig: what we can learn from it

From: rosea grammostola <rosea.grammostola@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Apr 02 2014 - 19:36:24 EEST

>> I think what we learned in this thread is that the expectations of
>> many [potential] linux audio users does not match the idea that many
>> developers have in mind.

That's not the whole story. Some developers have other goals then users of
that project, ok. Users can complain or request features, which devs
decline or ignore.

But it's more often the case that a software project offers you a feature
and it turns out that it doesn't work in itself or not in the ecosystem of
linuxaudio. That ecosystem is often the problem, e.g. plugin not working in
a certain host, or in modular environment, one bad behaving client is
killing the chain.
We could try to make this part better.