Re: [LAU] How far is Ardour3 with MIDI? (Bitwig: what we can learn from it)

From: Brett McCoy <idragosani@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Apr 05 2014 - 15:53:07 EEST

On Sat, Apr 5, 2014 at 5:44 AM, rosea.grammostola <
rosea.grammostola@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Wondering how far is A3 with MIDI. When I read the Internet it seems to
> have quirks/bugs/crashes. As a musician you like to work with a tool in
> which you can (easily) finish a musical project.
> How is the situation now and what are the goals in near future?

I use Ardour3 MIDI all of the time. It's not perfect yet but, coupled with
the video timeline, is excellent for film scoring. I even abandoned
Rosegarden in favor of using Ardour3 for MIDI, especially because
Rosegarden's CC automation is very buggy and next to useless.

--
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com