Re: [LAU] PulseAudio on top of Jack

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Apr 13 2014 - 19:46:59 EEST

On Mon, 2014-04-14 at 01:26 +0900, Max wrote:
> I'm running PulseAudio on top of Jack and I'm satisfied with the
> experience
> http://trac.jackaudio.org/wiki/WalkThrough/User/PulseOnJack
> One exception is that i need to restart PulseAudio (pulseaudio -k) and
> the application using it (for ex. Chromium or Firefox) after every
> suspend. Is there a way to solve this little annoyance?

AFAIK jack can't be used if you suspend/hibernate. I might be mistaken.

IMO you anyway should get rid of PA, resp. decide to use PA or jack,
depending too your needs. I can't see an advantage in using both at the
same time.

http://jackaudio.org/routing_flash
http://jackaudio.org/gstreamer_via_jack
etc. pp.

http://jackaudio.org/faq

I don't care about it, when using a browser I don't make audio
productions and when making audio productions, I don't use a browser, so
I simply use jack for audio productions and ALSA when surfing.