Re: [LAU] PulseAudio on top of Jack

From: Ede Wolf <listac@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Apr 14 2014 - 00:53:03 EEST

> And KDE.

I am happily running KDE (and xfce on another machine) without
pulseaudio even installed on any system. Neither any gstreamer stuff
(not true for xfce, unfortunately) at all. Happy with alsa, jack and KDE
- and I have not been missing anything the last years. So, as usual,
bloat is likely to be a more distribution specific issue, with package
maintainers having to try to please anyone and therefore enable each and
every option instead of having a clear line or focus.

Not sure for gnome though, others may comment here.