Re: [LAU] chord in trackers

From: Atte <atte@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Apr 16 2014 - 14:33:43 EEST

On 04/16/2014 12:53 PM, Vytautas Jancauskas wrote:

> What are the many other reasons?

 From the top of my head:
* No support for sustain pedal on renoise native instruments (and no
interest in adding it)
* Doesn't work well with lot's of long samples
* X-fade loop broken, no interest in fixing, I even posted a python
script to show how it's done without magic
* New version is a step in a direction I don't like
   * "remove unused samples" feature removed
   * loop editor removed
   * don't get the new instrument design

> Although I don't completely understand
> the first problem either... Trackers are most suited for the kind of
> music you would buy an MPC for I guess.

True. In '09 when I started using renoise, the options were quite
limited. Renoise was the only stable, well rounded music software I
could find. I always felt that the tracker interface counter-productive
and backwards (although it has it's strong points). So you could say
that I lived with and learned to work with/agains the tracker part of
renoise until now.

Today it's different, there are quite a few options.

--
Atte
http://atte.dk   http://modlys.dk