Re: [LAU] chord in trackers

From: Kaza Kore <dj_kaza@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Apr 26 2014 - 08:04:30 EEST

> Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2014 13:33:43 +0200
> From: atte@email-addr-hidden
> To: unaudio@email-addr-hidden
> CC: linux-audio-user@email-addr-hidden
> Subject: Re: [LAU] chord in trackers
>
> On 04/16/2014 12:53 PM, Vytautas Jancauskas wrote:
>
> > What are the many other reasons?
>
> From the top of my head:
> * No support for sustain pedal on renoise native instruments (and no
> interest in adding it)
> * Doesn't work well with lot's of long samples
> * X-fade loop broken, no interest in fixing, I even posted a python
> script to show how it's done without magic
> * New version is a step in a direction I don't like
> * "remove unused samples" feature removed
> * loop editor removed
> * don't get the new instrument design

It's a shame to read that! When I have done any messing with music over the last near 10 years it's always been Renoise I've reached for! Have to admit I've been too busy with other things, and now travelling, to even have downloaded and played with the new Beta. From a scan of the release not I thought at least the first two points would have been the kind of things they were addressing. Does sound like some quite nice features have come in. Especially if Redux works well, maybe you can use some of the old goodness from Renoise in a new choice of DAW.

Anyway I for one would be very interested to know what an ex-Renoiser settles on within the available Linux possibilities. There are a fair few I've been meaning to spend some time with but never found the time, mood and motivation in my life together. Radium with pd sounds very interesting though, especially as getting into GEM for some live graphical work for our parties is another little promise I have made myself but am yet to realise.

Regards, Dale/Kazakore.