Re: [LAU] chord in trackers

From: rosea grammostola <rosea.grammostola@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Apr 17 2014 - 18:34:39 EEST

I love the idea of FLOSS software, especially for creative work like music.
Most of the time I just do small pieces of music, to experiment and to test
the software. One of my dreams is to compose music and I hope I'll be able
to use Floss software then. I'm enthusiastic and idealistic about Floss
software, Bitwig is nice, but I miss the idealistic feeling comparing to
when I use NON :) Atm I try to focus on acoustic instruments, playing
(double)bass in two bands now and I realize that I've still a lot to learn
when it comes to music.

Reaper via Wine, is almost against my Floss & technical principles ... I
still believe in Floss software, if the devs could care more about the
finishing touch and fluent integration between tools which makes a product
really useful. I probably should blame myself for not giving up hope
already ;)

With Ardour3, NON, NSM, Carla, Radium, Supercollider, we should have enough
tools to be able to produce music with Floss software right? But yeah, the
difference is that a commercial tool like Bitwig gives you a more or less
'ready-to-go-product' whereas with Floss linuxaudio software you've to jump
from workaround to workaround. But I don't give up hope yet! :)

I'll give Reaper a shot, just to know what I can do with it.