[LAU] Raspberry PI as a FX pedalboard and looper

From: Jonathan E Brickman <jeb@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Apr 19 2014 - 21:21:19 EEST

In my experiments with a Raspberry PI as a headless FX pedalboard+looper for live jamming I don't use nohup/schedule commands on my scripts, and I've achieved an acceptable RT system with really low latency. I'm constantly improving it anyway, but it seems that disabling some services and tweaking jack1 is enough.

Hopefully I'll be releasing some scripts and apps when I can do some code cleanup to release them properly.

BTW. Jonathan, nice and useful blog/notes. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks, cscan. I am rather interested to hear that you are able to so much with your R.P.! After I have the current rig in a nice functional configuration, I'll probably try one of those, or possibly one of the powerful workalikes I read about in a recent web excursion, I probably need the DSP cycles :-) What kind of audio I/O hardware are you using, and are you using MIDI or OSC or something else for the pedal signal?

--
Jonathan E. Brickman
Ponderworthy Music | jeb@email-addr-hidden<mailto:jeb@email-addr-hidden> | (785)233-9977 | http://ponderworthy.com