Re: [LAU] Raspberry PI as a FX pedalboard and looper

From: Carlos sanchiavedraz <csanchezgs@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Apr 22 2014 - 18:23:57 EEST

> In my experiments with a Raspberry PI as a headless FX pedalboard+looper for
> live jamming I don't use nohup/schedule commands on my scripts, and I've
> achieved an acceptable RT system with really low latency. I'm constantly
> improving it anyway, but it seems that disabling some services and tweaking
> jack1 is enough.
>
> Hopefully I'll be releasing some scripts and apps when I can do some code
> cleanup to release them properly.
>
> BTW. Jonathan, nice and useful blog/notes. Thanks for sharing.
>
> Thanks, cscan. I am rather interested to hear that you are able to so much
> with your R.P.! After I have the current rig in a nice functional
> configuration, I'll probably try one of those, or possibly one of the
> powerful workalikes I read about in a recent web excursion, I probably need
> the DSP cycles :-) What kind of audio I/O hardware are you using, and are
> you using MIDI or OSC or something else for the pedal signal?
>
> --
> Jonathan E. Brickman
> Ponderworthy Music | jeb@email-addr-hidden | (785)233-9977 |
> http://ponderworthy.com

Audio interface: Edirol UA25EX

... and a configurable pedalboard that triggers MIDI and OSC, although
right now I'm just using MIDI messages.

I'm considering contributing with my two modest cents in this an other
matters, releasing and freeing some
knowledge/code/processes/investigations, at least as I kind of big and
personal thanks to all the great people in this list, and of course in
FLOSS community as well.

It's not the first time recently that this subject of headless
musicstation shows up in here.

--
Carlos sanchiavedraz
* Musix GNU+Linux