Re: [LAU] Two songs made in Qtractor : Takkadum & Kleb Station

From: Philippe Coatmeur <philcm@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Apr 20 2014 - 15:15:38 EEST

On 04/20/2014 12:02 PM, F. Silvain wrote:
> Philippe Coatmeur, Apr 20 2014:
>
>> Hi there
>>
>> Takkadum <http://opensimo.org/play/?a=Azer0,Counternatures&s=1> was
>> made mid 2011 right before Automation was available, around
>> 0.4.something, I guess
> Hey Philippe,
> I listened to all seven songs.
Not all songs were made in Qtractor, only the two listed. The other ones
are mainly done in Cubase and Ableton Live (those were dark & tedious
dual-booting years) before I could really "master" (hum) the whole
GnuJack shebang :)
> Nice! Feel rather raw in places,
It is. I rarely do more than two guitar or bass takes. I'm a lazy and
dirty bluesman and I will pay for it when my time comes.
> although you embedded some nice effects and other details. Even though
> I'm not particularly fond of those samplebased 80s drum machines, I
> like the way you encorporate them. Hope to hear more from you in future!
Thank you very much, it's nice to read that really. I make music with
the vague hope that something is re-usable in it for people who listen
to it. I listen to music in that same way too.
I'm currently working on an album. I need music to work / code.

> Ta-ta
Pouet-Pouet :)

Phil

--